Everything Everywhere All At Once (Blog Three)

    Wow, is what I want to start this blog off with. Whenever I started watching this movie at first I was really confused and was trying to figure out where absurdism was playing a part and even what the word meant at all. I will say I didn't really get the full grasp of it until the very end of the movie. I think Everything Everywhere All At Once does an amazing job at displaying this in the movie with some of the topics at hand. Absurdism is a hard concept to wrap your head around especially if you are not so sure what it is going into. To give a brief summary of what I think the word means is that you find some kind of comedic relief to something that people think is completely meaningless. 

    In Everything Everywhere All At Once, it showcases this perfectly throughout the film because there are a ton of comedic relief that is so absurd during some of the fighting scenes you can't help, but laugh and then sit there and ask yourself "why did they even come up with this or add this in here?" The movie is based upon the theme that no matter what universe you are in and you could have anything you want you can still be very unfulfilled then leading to the topic of nothing really matters and then it becomes meaningless.

Comments

  1. A theme of this movie that stuck out to me as well was the topic of Nihilism. The feeling that nothing maters and there is no purpose for anything. I couldn't quiet wrap my head around that idea as I have never experienced it myself, however, I tried my best to really pay attention to the mindset of Joy (Jobu Tupaki). This character reminded me of many film villains, one in particular, Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. Bateman is a man who has no regard for a human life while also lacking personal warmth and comfort. Both characters had no emotional tie to the things that they sought to destroy. There is no good in either character's eyes as they both live a life void of meaning and emotion. Their nihilistic traits evoke a sense of dislike from the audience as it is clear that their intentions are anything but for the greater good. Believing in no real meaning in life can take a person down path's they are unable to escape.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Thoughts: Moonlight (Blog Post Two)

Welcome to the Hate-Watch Community!!!